2014 Photo Contest & Exhibit
To celebrate Sonnenberg Gardens’ beauty throughout the changing seasons, we are hosting a juried Sonnenberg Photo Contest from May 1 through September 25, 2014.
A jury will select the top photographs each month to be displayed in a changing display at the entrance of the Carriage House. Final jury judging results for the season will take place after the contest deadline of September 25. In addition to the juried portion, there will also be voting by the public at the end of the contest via the Sonnenberg website for selection of the People's Choice winners.
Our Public Garden
People & Sonnenberg Events (People Enjoying Sonnenberg)
Submissions for the contest will be viewable via a Flickr link from the Sonnenberg website.
1. Photos must be taken at Sonnenberg Gardens. They must be the property of the entrant and may not have been published elsewhere.
2. Submissions must be emailed using jpeg format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type "Photo Contest Entry" in the subject line. Please limit each photo to a maximum of 2mb. If selected, the photo will be made into an 8x10 print.
3. Deadline for all entries is Wednesday, September 25, 2014
4. There are THREE submission categories as follows: Architecture, Our Public Gardens, and People & Sonnenberg Events (People Enjoying Sonnenberg). You may submit two photos maximum for each category.
5. All photo submissions must include the following: Name of Photographer, Address, Phone #, Category, and Description. ATTACHED PHOTO SUBMISSIONS MUST BE LABELED WITH THE CATEGORY AND LAST NAME OF PHOTOGRAPHER (example: ArchitectureJones.JPG). Titles are optional.
1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winners in each category will be selected by the Jury. Additionally, one place in each category will be selected by popular vote in the People's Choice section. Winning photographers will be invited to attend a reception at Sonnenberg on a date to be named later. Prizes to be announced. All winners will receive award certificates.
Vote for your Favorites: Voting for People's Choice winners will commence after the close of submissions. Details to be announced at a later date.
The contest entrant is responsible for obtaining any and all necessary model releases and/or disclaimers for the photos the entrant submits. Photographer will retain copyrights; however, Sonnenberg Gardens reserves the right to publish any entry, both online and in print, for promotional purposes.
Decisions of the Jury Committee are final and the jury reserves the right to refuse a submitted photograph for inappropriate content.
Be Inspired - See the 2013 Contest Winners
Be inspired by last year's winning photos which can be viewed via our Flickr Photostream.