Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion State Historic Park is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization that operates all aspects of the historic park and attraction. To apply for any position, please email your resume to David Hutchings
Sonnenberg currently has the following employment opportunities:
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Full Time
- Generate income through the planning, promotion, and coordination of all events, rentals, and tours of the grounds and mansion. Supervise all assistants and volunteers assigned to each event. This part is 80% of this job’s responsibility.
- Participate in the yearly budgeting process by submitting the income and expense items related to events, rentals, and tours. This part is 10 % of this job’s responsibility.
- Provide additional support in whatever area is needed at the discretion of the Director. This part is 10% of this job’s responsibility.
- Works with local organizations to promote Sonnenberg and its programs and encourage their support for, participation in, and use of the Gardens and Mansion.
- Applies technical and professional standards and guidelines to manage, supervise and coordinate event, rental, and tour activities, including:
- Consulting with parties interested in utilizing Sonnenberg for their events.
- Conducting tours of the estate for potential customers.
- Answering all communications regarding events, rentals, and tours.
- Coordinating setup and takedown with vendors and volunteers.
- Ordering rental items.
- Supervising rehearsals, ceremonies and receptions, and parties at Sonnenberg with events staff and volunteers.
- Research and develop new events for Sonnenberg for recommendation to the Events Committee.
- Attend meetings related to areas of responsibility: Events, Volunteer and Staff.
- Create and maintain an annual budget for Events, Weddings and Private rentals.
- Serve in a civic community organization to profit Sonnenberg.
Come join an exciting nonprofit organization at Sonnenberg Gardens Inc. with a unique community mission and vision for the future. The salary range is from $35-40,000/ yr. with commission depending upon experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
. Or mail by January 3, 2020 to David Hutchings, Executive Director 151 Charlotte street Canandaigua NY 14424
Interviews will be in Mid- January 2020