Starting in 2017, outdoor receptions can use our new Main Reception Site at the north end of the estate. It features:
- A white-framed, open-ended tent with tent liner, antique white chandeliers, and complete floor that seats up to 250+.
- Historic stone, castle-like Aviary building with built in cocktail bar, French doors, and slate patio.
The new 60′ x 100′ tent pad is a compacted stone dust surface and the 60′ x 100′ apse end white frame wedding tent itself can accommodate 250+ depending on your set up. It will also have a floor throughout the entire tent, a tent-liner and 4 antique white chandeliers.
The fee to use this site includes:
- The use of the Bride’s Room in the Mansion
- Use of the grounds for 6 hours
- Use of all gardens for photography
- Admission for all your guests to the grounds
- Tram service to get your guests to the wedding site and back to their cars after the event
- Sonnenberg staff to coordinate the day of the event and the rehearsal
- Tent rental (plus sidewalls) noted above
- Round 60″ dinner tables and white samsonite chairs for guests
- Standard perimeter lighting in addition to the chandeliers
- Tables for food prep and setup, bar area, DJ, cake, and gifts.
- Catering tent (plus sidewalls)
- Use of the Aviary building
In addition to the Aviary, couples also have the option to have their cocktail hour on the grassy circle outside the Carriage House but additional rental costs for tables and chairs may be incurred depending on setup.
Couples must still arrange for catering (from our list of preferred caterers), linens, music, flowers, place settings, and any tent decorating.