In 1914, Mary Thompson’s architect, Francis Allen, created the swimming pool and enclosing structure known as the Roman Bath. The pool originally had turquoise English tile lining it. Dressing rooms and restrooms surrounded it for the convenience of bathers. The adjacent square brick building next door was the boiler house, where water from Canandaigua Lake was filtered and heated for the pool.
Click to enlarge images below.