The Blue & White Garden, a garden room, was designed in 1911. The uniqueness of this garden results from the restrained use of color. Blue flowers mentioned in historical documents include gentian salvia, lobelia, larkspur, and delphinium. White blossoms included sweet alyssum, campanula, phlox, hyacinth, agapanthus, and two types of lilies. These flowers were combined with ferns and palms from the greenhouses.