Volunteering at Sonnenberg Gardens is an opportunity to join a volunteer group that has a passion and desire to keep the legacy of the Thompson’s alive in the Canandaigua community. We welcome your help and stewardship in keeping the property’s buildings, landscapes and keep the story alive not just for the Canandaigua community but for the Finger Lakes Region and visitors from all over the world.
- Meaningful Work
- Embracing Community Spirit
- Energized Friendships
See below for more information on how to get involved, or contact us at email@example.com or 585-394-4922.
Volunteering at Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion is easy. To begin volunteering:
1. Download and complete our standard Volunteer Application and Services Agreement and bring it into orientation. All volunteers must complete the Volunteer Application and Services Agreement forms before volunteering.
2. Orientations begin in April and start at 10 a.m. Meet at the picnic table near the Admissions Booth. All orientations include a walk through the park.
2017 Orientation Dates: 3/17, 4/7, 4/22, 5/13, 5/26, 6/10, 6/30, 7/15.
Please note: Orientations can be scheduled on individual basis and location may be moved depending on weather. Contact the office at 585-394-4922 if you have questions. Orientations last approximately 2 hours and are only required once.
3. After orientation, you can start volunteering right away. We are open 7 days a week, rain or shine May 1 through October 31, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm with extended Summer Hours Memorial Day – Labor Day, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm.
4. Special volunteer projects are advertised on the website and social media. Volunteer one time or on a regular basis! Join us as much as or as little as you like!
For Questions and More Information
If you have any questions about orientation, individual or group volunteer opportunities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for taking the time to volunteer at Sonnenberg Gardens & Mansion – State Historic Park. We couldn’t do this without you!