Enjoy an elegant evening of wine and food in the Sonnenberg Mansion!
The event will start with a reception at 5:30 pm in the Sonnenberg Mansion dining room, great hall and adjoining porte-co-chére fearuring your first of four wine tastings compliments of Heron Hill or beer tastings from My Buddy Joe’s and bruschetta with all local ingredients by Café Sol and an assortment of semi and hard cheeses. The first wine choice will be Heron Hill Ingle Vineyard Unoaked Chardonney.
Stroll to the Mansion’s beautiful veranda at 6:00 pm and enjoy a menu of:
- Carrot ginger soup prepared by Sharon Steck, runner up in the New York Wine & Culinary Center cooking competition. This will be paired with your second beverage tasting. The wine choice is Heron Hill Gewürztraminer.
- A delicious fall salad of leafy greens, apples and blue cheese with an apple cider vinaigrette dressing prepared by Nolan’s on The Lake.
- The entree of beef tenderloin and shrimp, prepared by talented chef, Mike Bucher.
- Arancini balls with arugula and goat cheese straight from the Prosecco Italian Restaurant’s kitchen.
- A medley of fall roasted root vegetables prepared by Julie Rulison, owner of Café Sol, will also be part of this delicious menu along with baskets of homemade breads and rolls.
- Your third beverage tasting will take place during the entreé portion of the event. Wine choice is Heron Hill Classic Cabernet Frank.
- To cap off the evening enjoy an assortment of desserts prepared by Sweet Times Bakery, Casa Italiana and the Sonnenberg bakers. Wine choice is Heron Hill Late Harvest Riesling Select.
Limited to the first 80 reservations. Call 585-394-4922 or make your payment here to make your reservation. RSVP by Sept. 11 and please specify if you prefer wine or beer.
OPTIONAL: Host a table of eight and decorate it with any theme that you choose. It may be a hobby, something you collect, a sport, etc. Use your imagination! Invite your friends to join you in supporting Sonnenberg. There will be a prize for the most creative table.
(Don’t have a table of eight? We’ll seat you with other individuals for a pleasant dining experience.)
Be the first eight to a table and enjoy a VIP package for a mere $10 increase in price. Enjoy a half hour on the 2nd story porch overlooking the estate before the event starts with the Heron Hill Wine Maker and taste some of the winery’s exclusive wines. Then dine with him at your table where he will educate you about the wines being served during dinner.
All event proceeds will go to the day-to-day operating expenses of Sonnenberg.
This event has been graciously underwritten by Heron Hill Winery, NYS Assemblyman, Brian Kolb and Muehe & Newton, LLP