Nina Bassuk, Institute of Urban Horticulture at Cornell University
Some lecture topics will include:
- Admission: $40/person, $35/Sonnenberg Members
- Garden admission & box lunch included
- Description: Nina will give attendees an introduction to the field of urban horticulture as well as the state of horticulture in the 21st Century. Besides introducing guests to horticultural basics (“Horticulture 101”), special focus will be given the on the picturesque and mature Sonnenberg Arboretum which will provide much discussion on tree care basics including planting, mulching, pruning, fertilization, disease and more. Nina has consulted with many tree advisory boards and municipalities throughout the Northeastern United States so professional insight will be on point and very useful to all.
Hands-on demonstrations include:
- What is Urban Horticulture?
- State of Horticulture in the 21st Century
- Introduction to Horticulture Basics (“Horticulture 101”)
- Tree Care for the Homeowner and Amateur Gardeners
- Successful Trees & Shrubs for Home Landscaping
- Native Trees & Shrubs for Small Suburban and Urban Plots
- Proper Tree Planting for Homeowners (actual tree planting demonstration on site w/ Q&A)
- Guided Arboretum Walk
We would like to thank all our wonderful sponsors who have helped to make this event possible!
Like to be a Sponsor?
Contact us at 585-394-4922 or via email
All proceeds from this event to benefit Sonnenberg Gardens and its programs.